PARALLEL CONNECTION OF FUSE-LINKS TO INCREASE THE RATED CURRENT
Rules for parallel connection of fuse-links:
- The fuse-links have to be the same type, size and rating.
- The combination of parallel fuses must be selected by the manufacturer.
- The current rating of parallel-connected fuse-links is lower than the sum of the single fuse-links (n x ln > ln parallel).
- The current distribution on all parallel fuse-links must be the same.
- Parallel fuse-links must be connected as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- The incoming and outgoing connection must have prescribed cross-section.
- The values of power dissipation are equal to the sum of values of power dissipation of a single fuse link.
- The pre-arcing Joule integral is approximately equal to n2 x l2t(single fuse-link)
- Breaking capacity is not larger than l1 of a single fuse-link.
- The cut-off current is approximately equal n x lcut-off (single fuse-link)
- The temperature rise of each parallel fuse-links is higher than the temperature rise of single fuse-link.